Calm mum wannabe

I'm just a calm mum wannabe, muddling on through from tantrum to tantrum, one big deep breath at a time. Ommmm....

Wednesday 30 March 2011

The critic within

Aaaaaargh! I don't know where to go from here. Over the last few days since my first post, my head has been swimming with ideas, all being crossed out with a big black X by my inner critic. (Crossing out with an X is something my 3.5 year old loves to do when he is angry about something: "X in your face, Mummy").

Why on earth did I claim I was going to deliver pearls of wisdom in my blog? That was enough to make anything resembling wisdom vanish from my head in a big puff of smoke, right there and then. If it was ever there in the first place. I'm feeling horribly naked here, having exposed my dream to the big wide world. (Well, to my three readers -soon to be more, I'm thinking of inviting my mum).

So I think I'm going to have to twiddle with my blog theme a little. With my first post I definitely set myself up to overpromise and underachieve, and not vice versa as an old boss of mine once advised me to do. I feel my blog objectives need amending with this important addition: "Chit chat. Mummy ramblings. And sometimes I'm just going to talk crap." There, much better.

There may not be a pearl of wisdom in every post, or indeed in any posts. But don't de-follow me just yet, OK Mum? Mum! Come baaaaaaaaack!

2 comments:

  1. X in your face? That is kind of hilarious. I might have to teach that one to Ben. Though lately, he is always angry, so he'll just be walking around Xing everything out! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, lots of Xs around here recently too. He picked that one up at school. They learn some good stuff there... He does rub the X out when he's got over whatever it was, but when he's super angry he says the X is drawn in permanent pen and can never be rubbed out. Nunca jamás.

    ReplyDelete